Monday, August 14, 2006

Out-Book

Today is August 14th. I have been without the boys since August 2nd and am only just waking up to the fact that I could actually go out and see concerts/movies/cultural events without worrying about babysitters.

So what am I doing sitting at home? I suppose that, having made this discovery, it'll take me another 2 weeks to actually do anything about it by which time the boys will be coming home and it'll be too late.

I do wonder about myself sometimes.

My mindset is so fixed in 'boy' mode that it has to be reset with much greasing of rusty neurons and searching about for spare parts. Ah well.

In the meantime, I have been working on my book. A bit. Well, certain distracting events have cropped up recently which I don't want to work myself up again by recounting here, so you'll have to take my word for it. Anyway, suffice it to say that it's difficult being creative when your brain is trying to cope with issues!

I've had some recent input from someone whose opinion I value greatly which has led me reassess and rewrite certain aspects of my main character, Eleanor. Apparently she had come across rather unattractively and most worryingly as not loving her children (she has 2 boys) which I certainly did not want to convey. Cue hurried rewriting of bits on boys and insertion of evidence of maternal love and affection!

I really should, one of these days, fly out for a weekend to New York, however. One can only be so vague when writing about a place before it becomes evident that the writer has never set foot in the place, and that makes 'her' just look silly.

Had I got my act together, I suppose I could have envisioned a weekend this month. Why do I always have such brilliant ideas when it's too late? Must be age creeping up on me. Again!

Filed in:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are bienvenue.